Oreos are my favorite cookie of all time (even more so than Chocolate Chip Cookies). When I saw the recipe for Brownie Covered Oreos on the Picky Palate blog (I actually think I saw it on Fresh Chick Designs Facebook page first)…it was love at first site and I was destined to make these beauties.
I have to say – they were so easy and I will make them all the time now.
1) Brownie mix of your choice (I used Pillsbury Fudge Brownies)
2) 1 Package of Oreos (we used the regular ones vs. the peppermint that Picky Palate has – I think DoubleStuffed would be really good.)
3) White Gel Writer for the frosting
Directions are so easy:
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Get a cupcake tin and spray the heck out of it with Pam (or your favorite non-stick spray).
3) Dip the Oreo in the batter and flip it around a couple of times to make sure its completely covered with the brownie mix.
4) Place the cookie in one of the cupcake spots (FYI – it does get a little messy).
5) It says to bake about 12-15 minutes. I baked for 14 minutes.
6) As soon as it’s done – get a plastic knife and go around the edges of each cookie – this way there is no sticking and the cookies come out nicely.
I think I might have used a little too much batter because the recipe said I would use all of the oreos in the package and I had about 5 left over (and I didn’t eat them – they are in the pantry. :))
I figured out that each cookie is about 147 calories. I do want to try and make this recipe low cal – so you can at least not feel too guilty when you eat 5 or 6. 🙂
Now time for the fun packaging!!!
Four cookies fit in the brown boxes and the white bag. I put a single cookie in the white glassline bag.
Today was super fun. Tomorrow – I’m going to be NUTS for the Holidays..