Happy New Year!
We are still on vacation – yes, that’s right. We made a very conscious decision to take time off this holiday season. It feels great. We’ve had time to spend with family and just chill. But I do have to say, I’m excited to hit the ground running come Monday.
I’m sure so many of you have been thinking about your new years resolutions. I know I have. How I want to change and what I want to do to grow.
For some reason, this year seems especially important to me. January is my birthday month and I have what I feel is a pretty significant one coming up. I sense a lot of change in me and my perspective of things.
Don’t laugh, but one of my first resolutions is to wear pants (or a skirt or shorts) that you need to button at least 5 days a week. No elastic allowed. I know, sounds super odd doesn’t it? But here is why, and let me know if you can relate to this.
Top 5 Reasons to wear button pants:
1) You feel more put together. You will pick out a top to go with your pants – not just a t-shirt. The chances are you will wear shoes vs. flip flops or uggs too.
2) You will keep your weight more in check. I have a full spectrum of sizes of black pants in my closet right now. If I wore button pants more often, I probably wouldn’t need sizes 6-12. Also, if you go out to eat, you will probably eat less and you might not finish all that cheesecake for dessert.
3) You feel good about yourself. You might actually put some make up on your face and do your hair.
4) You’ll be ready for that unexpected meeting. And not feel like you have to say that you’re not available or have to race home (we have an actual office) to change.
5) You’ll get your workout done early in the morning. I don’t know about you, but I would put on my workout gear, head to the office, tell myself that I was going to go to the gym, then get super busy with work and not go to the gym. Sound familiar?
I think I was the queen of yoga pants (except when I met with clients) in 2012 and 2011 and 2010. No more. Button pants all the way.
How am I doing 4 days into the new year? I’ve worn button pants all 4 days so far.